Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Redition of Aaliyah in a high fashion shoot

Aaliyah was the first female I looked up to when I was growing up,  when I was just getting into hiphop musisc.
I was so fond of her music and especially her style, combining street and fashion making it an ultra sexy female image.
Even though shes not here with us no more, I still listen to her music as if she just dropped the single yesterday and I often look back at her style for inspiration.
I remember when it was "spirit week" at school and one of the days was "dress like a celebrity" and Aaliyah was the female, I imitated and I had the baggy pants, with a short tight top, a bomber jacket, with the hair parting from the far left.

She will never be forgotten.


Personally, I think the styling could of went a little more baggier on the bottom only because Aaliyah always mixed her crop tops with baggy bottoms, that mixture really put her on the map as fashion innovator. 
for the hair Aayliah had a  signature look with her hair, she always parted her long straight hair from the left sweeping her right side and exposing the left side of her face and I didn't quit see it in the shoot.


here are the images of Aaliyah photoshoot for THE BLOCK MAGAZINE with
Super Model: Sessilee Lopez

FOR all the true aaliyah fans out there, what do you think of the rendition of the shoot???










No comments:

Post a Comment